Installing the particle on your website is a really simple process. You just need to follow the below instructions depending on the platform you are on.
Installing on Joomla
- Download the top-news-joomla-particle.zip file.
- UNZIP it on your computer. You will find three files - top-news-joomla.html.twig, top-news-joomla.yaml and _top-news-joomla.scss.
- Copy the top-news-joomla.html.twig and top-news-joomla.yaml files to
particlesfolder does not exist, you will need to create it manually). Basically, this step is the same as the one described in the Creating a New Particle chapter in the Gantry 5 Documentation.
- Copy the _top-news-joomla.scss file to
scssfolder does not exists, you will need to create it manually).
- Add the following code in your custom.scss file. If the custom.scss file does not exists, you will need to create it manually. Also, make sure your custom.scss file has the
@import "dependencies";code at the very top. Basically, this step is the same as the one described in the Adding a Custom Style Sheet chapter in the Gantry 5 Documentation.
// Top News (Joomla) Particle @import "top-news-joomla";
The following video shows the above steps in details (watch it in Fullscreen and FullHD for better quality). The video is for the "Slideshow" particle but the installation process is pretty much the same.Watch the Video
All particles by nature are really intuitive and easy to use. Also, most of the fields in the particle have a tooltip text that explains what it is about.
The "Top News (Joomla)" particle allows you to show your Joomla articles in a very eye-catching way. It has many different options which give you the chance to achieve the exact layout you want. Have a look at the Demo Video, it shows everything!Watch Demo Video
You can download all particles from our Download Section.