Support Forum

Hi together,

with Gantry5 and the Glory template from Ivo I managed a full 100% on Google Pagespeed Insights both on desktop and mobile view.
Since Google will make the page load time a marker for your listing at latest in summer, this topic is important.

What I did:

• choose a fast hoster ( in Germany I chose Webgo with their complete SSD-hosting which is only a few Euros per month more expensive)
  • go and get JCHoptimize Pro and switch the plugin to optimize
  • get Jotcache, a great free extension that replaces the Joomla site cache plugin which has to be turned off
  • tell the Jotcache plugin that JCH-opitimze is also installed
  • turn on in the Joomal configuration conservative caching

Et voilà, if you did it right you can get great results with Google Pagespeed.
On some pages google doesn't like the image sizes of our website but I don't really care about it as long the mobile view is 100% or a little bit below.

However test your site thoroughly since what works on one site might break the loading on another.

Also check out the great site made by Simon Kloostra: JoomlaSEO.com
The articles are fantastic and you can learn a lot about Joomla and SEO and getting your site fast.
You can also buy his Joomla SEO book which helped me a lot and goes a litte bit deeper into it than the articles on his website.

I really thought we can get a goode Google pagespeed number with our new website but this exceeded my expectations quite a lot.
Thanks Gantry5, thank Ivo and his team for the fantastic support and templates, thanks JCH-optimize Pro and Jotcache ;-)
Attachments:
Responses (17)
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, March 16 2018, 01:53 PM - #Permalink
    Hi Björn

Thanks for your insight on how to speed up a website. I too have often viewed Simon Kloostra's website - great tips. I have not used JCHoptimize Pro although have heard good things but also that it can mess up an existing website. Would think its better when starting a new website?

Lynda
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, March 16 2018, 02:05 PM - #Permalink
    Download the free version of JCH optimize and try out.
    There are 6 settings from low to optimum, with our old website I could not get further than average, otherwise the site was broken.
    You have to try and start from the low and then upwards (on a test website of course ;-) ).
    However test it together with Jotcache, then you get really high results.
    The best settings of JCH are reseved for the pro version of course.
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, March 16 2018, 03:57 PM - #Permalink
    Thank you very much for sharing those tips, Björn!
    I already see that it is helpful for the other users as well :)

Now, a little information from me:

1. I have never used Jotcache so I cannot comment on that.

2. I also love Simon Kloostra's website (JoomlaSEO.com). I learned a lot from him and I used a lot of his advises while optimizing InspireTheme.com :)

3. InspireTheme.com as well as all our template demos are optimized with JCHoptimize Pro. InspireTheme.com uses the "Deluxe" option (just to be save), while our demos use the "Premium" option. See the attached screenshot, it is from the Paradise demo, but it is the same in all our demos :)
    This means that if you are not using any other 3rd party extensions, if you are using only the stuff that comes with our templates by default, then you should be able to use the "Premium" option and everything should work just fine.
    However, as Björn mentioned above, configuring such "Optimization" extensions (JCH Optimize, RokBooster, etc) is basically a trial and error. It depends a lot on what extensions you are using and what assets (JS, CSS) those extensions load.

Thank you once again for sharing this information Björn ;)
    Attachments:
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, March 16 2018, 06:27 PM - #Permalink
    You're welcome.
    Give Jotcache a try, together with JCHOptimize it's really great.
    By one click it also adds everything necessary to your htaccess.
    On JoomlaSEO there are articles about combining JCH and Jotcache (I only had to exclude the contact form from Jotcache, otherwise it's not working).

On our website we use JoomGallery, SH404SEF, Easybook reloaded, K2 and Fox Contact and at least right now everything is working.
  • Accepted Answer

Friday, March 16 2018, 06:38 PM - #Permalink
    Awesome!
    Have a great weekend mate ;)
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, October 16 2019, 03:17 PM - #Permalink
    Hi guys,

I, too, use JCH Optimize, but I am having some issue (mobile).
    Should I exclude some files (css, js, script or styles)? Do you have any tips that you'd like to share?
    Obviously, if I disable the plugin everything works.

I still have to find the optimal configuration.

Thank you very much.
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, October 16 2019, 08:25 PM - #Permalink
    Hi Claudio,

I don't know if you have made any changes, but your website looks perfectly fine on my end (on mobile) :)
    I also see that JCH Optimize is enabled.

Apart from the above, I don't really have any advice.
    You know, such optimization extensions (and their configuration) are always trial and error until you find the settings that work best.
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, October 17 2019, 09:06 AM - #Permalink
    Hello Ivo,

I have tested my domain using various online website, speed testing tool, and found that the speed score of the domain is good at the moment.
    Current page size of the domain is 1.27 MB, about. Only "Google Pagespeed" have low result.
    Which one is most important? However is true, they are always trial and error until ... you go crazy. :D :D

Thanks
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, October 17 2019, 10:11 AM - #Permalink
    Your page load time is much too slow, have you tried JCH Optimize?
    You should get at least 80 if not much more with your website on Google pagespeed, both in desktop and mobile.
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, October 17 2019, 06:36 PM - #Permalink
    Hi, thank you for the reply

yes, I use JCH Optimize and I installed Jotcache. I'm getting good results.
    Only Page Speed Insights has a low score (desktop). I'm not worried, I ask myself why is different.
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, October 17 2019, 09:57 PM - #Permalink
    Hey Claudio,

In my opinion your results are pretty good :)
    I never knew why the different tools show different results but I don't really care.
    And this is my advice for you - since you already have very good scores, just don't do anything else and enjoy life ;)
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 08:07 AM - #Permalink
    Hi everyone,

I'm running a new Joomla 4 website, Oxygen Template, JCH Optimize is installed and I'm getting poor performance.

PageSpeedInsight:
    mobile phone 37%
    desktop 79%

Does anyone have experience optimizing this configuration?
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 03:02 PM - #Permalink
    Try to disable JCH Optimize and run the tests again, it is probably contraproductive with Joomla 4.
    There was a discussion about this on Facebook.
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 03:31 PM - #Permalink
    The performance with JCH an without JCH is the same
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 03:32 PM - #Permalink
    Do you know where on Facebook the discussion was?
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 05:38 PM - #Permalink
    Facebook Group Joomla D-A-CH, so the german speaking group.
  • Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 11 2022, 05:45 PM - #Permalink
    Thank you, I found it now there.

I have sent a ticket to JCH Optimize support to clarify that.
Your Reply

Become an insider | Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay up-to-date with all our awesome releases, latest updates and amazing discount offers!